Friday, November 23, 2012

Oh China, You So Crazy!

Homeowners Luo Baogen and his wife refused to allow the government to demolish their home in Wenling, Zhejiang province, China, claiming the relocation compensation offered would not be enough to cover the cost of rebuilding. So, adjacent neighboring homes were dismantled, and, bizarrely, the road was built around the intact home, leaving it as an island in a river of new asphalt.

 
I am tempted to call bullshit on this one because I can't see the Chinese government allowing somthing like this to happen. Why didn't the homeowners just get 'disappeared' in the middle of the night like would happen in a normal totalitarian society. Frankly I expected more from those despots for some reason.
 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, I smell photoshop too.

Nomad said...

I don't know those manhole covers and the disturbance in the ash fault look pretty real to me.