Thursday, January 10, 2013

Damn Australia, Stay Cool

I have lived in a place that got so cold (-60) that we had to turn the stoves on to heat the apartments. I could survive that kind of extreme temperature but I could never make it for ten minutes in Australia these days. I understand that the weather bureau had to make up a NEW color for temperature that reached as high as 54C (137F)!! That is inhuman. Brother Tempo lives in the purple section. I wish cool breezes to everyone who is suffering.

 

5 comments:

Tempo said...

Thanks for the mention Kal, it sure gets hot here but then I couldnt imagine living through temperatures as low as -60. That's incredible.. It occasionally (middle of winter about 4:30am) gets to -5C but more usually around 0 C on cold Winter mornings. I guess no matter where we live there are hardships to be endured. (on the plus side, we dont have Polar bears)

Kal said...

It's all about being acclimated I guess. You should be happy that you don't have to endure the judgement of the Polar Bear though I understand the Kangaroo can be quite sarcastic.

Tempo said...

LOL.... The Kangaroo is a formidable creature if treated badly, they have huge claws and can rip you open. Treated gently though they are a wonderful creature and very much loved by most Australians.

Konsumterra said...

got to 51 on way back from my parents for xmas - used to live in adelaide hills coldest wetest spot - below zero in winter -18 at most, frost every night. One year had my school surrounded by wall of flame and my friend lost family members, next week flash flood

Kal said...

There really are a thousand ways that continent can kill you isn't there?