Tuesday, October 22, 2013

From The Reel To Reel Tapes Of Cool



All week I have been watching old country music performances on the You Tubes after I pulled out my Dad's old reel-to-reel player. It was a German model so I had to look for the Western plug-in adapter first. Great old musical memories in that box of tapes. I can remember my Dad setting up the music in our apartment, which would always draw others to join the party. After that there would be lots of singing and dancing on every floor. There were times when our fathers had to be away for training for weeks at a time but when they came home it was always a celebration. Life during the Cold War wasn't so bad.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great memories Kal and i too love some classic country as well.

david_b said...

I keep tellin' ya, Kal. Dwight was quite a singer, and yes the '80s went WAY TOO fast.

Spent too much time dating the college girls.