Sunday, June 8, 2014

I Am So Glad After Missing Out On 'Game Of Throne'

I have been following this show in the hopes that it would interest me enough to do a nice binge watch. After last week's finale, which I watched with a huge fan of the show, I am fully convinced that I was right after all. Too many characters who I can't follow. Too many plot twists and two many characters I like being killed for no good reason than to film a slaughter. How can I become attached to characters who can be slaughtered at will especially like it seems like they have won the battle. You know the head crushing of Peter Dinklage's champion from last week. I am done. I will fake it was through conversations but those are four years of shows that I will not waste my time on.

 
 

7 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

But if you give up now you will miss out on one of the most amazing battle scenes ever put on TV, the attack on Castle Black. Swords, arrows, giants, mammoths...

Very will, turn your back on it if you must. But I tell you. you're missing out...

(And, yes, watching the show is incredibly stressful if you haven't read the books, but it only lasts for an hour and then there's lots to talk about afterwards. Until next week.)

Nick Ward said...

I can't convince you to change your mind you are a contrite bastard and that's one of the things I dig about you. I, however, love this show. All the things you list as drawbacks - the death of loved characters and the many, many characters - are precisely the reasons I relish each episode.

Also boobs.

Anthony Simeone said...

Yeah man, the series (books or show) can be rough. I think the books give you more time to prepare for slaughter. The show has a much more accelerated pace, so it seems like the deaths come fast and furious. I'm a long-time fan of the books. I was reading the books back when people who now watch the show would laugh at me for reading some "dumb fantasy book." But I let that go.

What I can't let go of these days, though, is the glacial rate at which Martin is writing the books. AND RUMOR HAS IT HE'S ADDING AN 8TH BOOK TO THE SERIES!!!! ACK! Can't wait to finish reading the books in 2030...of course, Martin might be dead and Brandon Sanderson will finish the series.

csmith2884 said...

You and I don't disagree on much, but in this I think you are wrong. But I always liked a nice happy story where everybody dies, see Reservoir Dogs. An also Boobs.

csmith2884 said...

Oh and should be 10 episodes per season. So one more after I wrote this, I hope.

Kal said...

I just hated watching what happen to that brave and happy guy with the spear that I am DONE. I got lots of other mayhem to watch. I got some good pirate shows a goin'

Kal said...

I just hated watching what happen to that brave and happy guy with the spear that I am DONE. I got lots of other mayhem to watch. I got some good pirate shows a goin'