Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I Finally Won An EBay Auction Without Getting Poached

I have been searching for this toy ever since The Golden Compass came out. Unlike many people, I loved that movie. I like the idea of having a Daemon animal spirit guide. I suspect mine would be some kind of feline creature with the ability to fly.


The only thing cooler than an armored fighting bear was the cool Steampunk inspired airship that Sam Elliot's character flew in the film.

I won the auction at 10 dollars but watch me get soaked on the shipping even though the package is just coming from California. I pay less than 5 dollars to get things shipped from China or Australia. It's insane. But for this toy I will eat the shipping costs.

See, if I lived in a world where I could just teleport to these large US toy shows, I could get three times the treasures for my money. Shipping costs between Canada and the US is one of my pet peeves. Where are the great drone delivery system from Amazon that I have heard of?


 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, that is so cool. I also love that movie and the alternate universe it presents. The human/daemon relationships were so captivating and seemed so natural that when I came out of the theatre and saw just normal humans it felt like something was missing.

Hobgoblin238 said...

I bought a clone dvd of it. The words didn't synch up with the actors speaking! I ended up throwing it in the trash. So I have never seen it.

Kal said...

There were suppose to be three movies but that fell apart. Too bad, they created really cool steampunk world with magic and fighting bears and the like.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Any movie with a rabbit in it is A-OK in my books.