Monday, June 9, 2014

I Knew One Of My People Would Help Me Find It


 
Big thanks to Brother Schlomo from http://romspaceknightart.blogspot.ca/. for finding this gem for me. I was pure geek even back then. I wrote a few letters to Marvel over the years but only this one and one from Iron Man # made the cut. Or maybe I was the only one who wrote and they needed to fill the letter page with something, anything.
 
This letter was my introduction to a nice guy living in a V.A. Hospital in the states. He mailed me a short note and we wrote each other for a year or two until he passed on. With his last letter he sent me a package with the first fifty issues of Rom in mint condition. I never thought he remembered my letter but obviously he did because it was included with his final package. One day I need to dig out all our letters and thank him properly for the friendship he gave me during those years when there was no internet to talk comics or toys about. For the first time I didn't feel like such a freak for liking what I like.
 

3 comments:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

That is awesome.

I knew someone would turn this up.

Kal said...

Now I have to find the Iron Man one. I know the cover but not the number. YES, I have TWO letters published.

But I never got a 'no prize'.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

anything for a fellow ROM fan.