Tuesday, June 10, 2014

TV Times

 
Crossbones - Am I loving this show or what? They should have subtitled it 'Life On The Island Of Incredible Coincidences'. Everything works out the way it's supposed to work out and the person who does something sneaky is never caught and evil wins but people also make incredibly illogical and ridiculous decisions. John Malkovich is badass as Blackbeard that he's worth the price of admission alone. He just chews up ever bit of scenery he is in. I can't get enough. I look forward to this show becoming more and more goofy as we go along. Lord just give me one great season of balls to the walls pirate action and I will love you forever.


Black Sails - Another contender for the crown of best pirate season ever. I am watching these an episode at a time and will talk about them from time to time. I like the style of this one from England. Much more gritty and with a spunky young trickster by the name of JOHN SILVER (yes, Long John Silver from Treasure Island) in the middle of some kind of pirate conspiracy. How could I not like this one when infamous female pirate Anne Bonny is one of the characters?


Major Crimes - still the best written crime drama out there. A large cast is given lots to do and that give the audience lots of characters to be interested in. I was invested in this show and these characters when it was called the CLOSER. Tonight's episode was intense but I was comforted when I realized that there was only ONE team for the job and that was the detectives of the Major Crimes division, bitches! Once again, the team gets the job DONE!

 
Master Chef - I finally bought into this one. It's nicer than Hell's Kitchen but it's no My Kitchen Rules AU. I don't have a favorite yet but I do like the pole dancer because she can also cook. If you can cook and work the pole, call me. We have much to discuss.
 
 
24 - I love the heights this show will go just to advance it's story. Jack is an indestructible force of nature that can't be stopped, no matter what is thrown against him. Benjamin Bratt is great this cycle. He can play both good and bad guys with equal authority. But damn, is that Mother terrorist Margo one harsh bitch. What she did to her daughter was cold blooded. Never count out Chloe either.
 
 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I believe you watched Season 1 of "Orange is the New Black," didn't you? FYI, season 2 just got released on Netflix.

Kal said...

Not yet. I am thinking about a binge on that one. I do loves me a woman in prison series.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Go for it, Cal! It's an excellent series.