Saturday, November 8, 2014

Cool Design And Engineering

As a huge fan of the design process I sat transfixed as I watched this short video commemorating the design of the 1936 Cord Beverly. What a great looking car. Just put a Batman head on the front and you have a stylish pre-war Batmobile. I love the digital aspects that show how each of the various pieces of the car came together. I could watch stuff like that all day long.



What makes this video even better is that it was created by his grandson and friend to the Cave of Cool, Jordan Orlando. This is the kind of tribute we all would like to leave of our elders.

Animated short for museum gallery kiosk display (currently on permanent exhibition in the Gordon Buehrig Gallery at the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum in Auburn, IN).

An explanation of my grandfather Gordon M. Buehrig's revolutionary design and engineering techniques, featuring a digital recreation of his landmark 1936 Cord Beverly 810 passenger sedan, designed and manufactured in Auburn.

 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ultra cool!

Jordan said...

My God, I almost missed that you did this!

Thank you so much. I'm very flattered and honored.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It's a sweet piece of video which is very cool, which is my only criteria for posting.

Jordan said...

That's why I'm flattered and honored.