Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Hunger Games - Mockingjay Part !

I waited a lifetime to watch this movie. I read all the books but I needed some distance from Jennifer Lawrence to fully appreciate the movie experience.

The supporting characters from Elizabeth Banks and Phillip Seymore Hoffman are uniformly excellent. He is such a loss from the acting community. I loved the way he orchestrates everything and understands that IMAGE is everything. It grounds the story in it's own reality. I found the whole thing to be thrilling to be honest with you.



I love me a good story of revolution...even when that story is manufactured. What a terrific twist to the tale. How her 'team' creates a symbol of the revolution is fascinating to watch.

"I want to go"

"And if you get killed?'

"Make sure you get it on camera."

And then Natalie Dormer shows up...NATALIE DORMER.!!! Oh boy. Even with a shaved head she is a force of nature.

Everyone is very invested in this story and that helps Jennifer Lawrence who want to be anyone BUT the Mockingjay and that makes the whole thing believable. Such fantastic casting once again wins out over a weak story that did not need two movies to tell. But that is Hollywood thinking these days.

But damn is Donald Sutherland a great villain? Another genius example of casting.

6 comments:

DrGoat said...

I've never seen Donald Sutherland give a bad performance.

erin said...

Revolucion! I too was super excited for this movie. I loved it too. My daughter and I have a little war going on in our house being that I'm Team Peeta and she's Team Gale. The thing that's really excellent about The Hunger Games is that it's not just about that though, it's not just a love story or a romance. It's about social justice, caste warfare, a real issue that's completely tangible right now in our society. But I love Peeta.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I was surprised at how much their relationship affected me.

Margaret Benbow said...

Sutherland's character can glint with icy coldness underneath perfectly pleasant expressions--makes him more disturbing somehow.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It's that smile that he gives you while he explains why you are going to die and how you are going to die.

Anonymous said...

You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.
jogos de friv
girls go game
juegos de autos