Thursday, April 9, 2015

Thunderbirds Are Go!



I am jazzed about this new version of my beloved Thunderbirds. One of the great things about being a kid in Canada in the 70s was that the CBC brought all the best British shows to our shores. Stuff we would never see made in Canada or the US. Thunderbirds, like The Prisoner, Faulty Towers and The Two Ronnies were staples on Sunday morning. I always pushed for early church because if I missed my British TV line-up it would ruin my whole weekend. VCRs were still years away, people. There was no catching the latest episode on the You Tubes either. You actually had to make an appointment with your television because often you had one chance and one chance only to see your favorite episodes. There was no such thing as a binge - which everyone is going to be doing with Daredevil this weekend - when the Thunderbirds were first on. I had a little Thunderbird 2 (my favorite) that I carried around in my blue Pam Am bag for years. Here is hoping the new show lives up to some of my childhood memories of the original.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The Thunderbirds were such cheesy fun! It's not the same without those puppets.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yeh, the puppets had that charm that CGI cannot reproduce.