Thursday, November 26, 2015

Jessica Jones - Episode 2 - Crush Syndrome

 
"Pray with us."
"No thanks, I have a cold."
 
The more I am immersed in this world the more I see the big picture and the vision that SOMEONE had at Netflix to bring these characters to TV while creating a world where Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and others can interact with one another and make it all so seamless.

I like the way the show plays with the past and the PTSD that Jessica's life is dominated by. Her battle is real and deadly. When she wants to just run and hide she is forced to stay and confront. It goes against her every instinct yet she fights to just get to the next hour of the day. I understand a lot more about that than you would think.

This one is a slow burn and the reveals come slow but I like it that way. The one moment of action comes from a great bar fight cleared out by two super powered humans. Anyone looking for the superhero action of an Avengers film will be let down here. This is a different kind of superhero tale

I love the way she deals with noisy upstairs neighbors. I like her. She is a problem solver. Kirsten Ritter is getting better and better in the role. I am really rooting for her to have her revenge the more I learn about what was done to her by a pure psychopath.

I like the way Luke reveals his powers to Jessica. I wonder how people who know nothing of HIS character reacted to that moment. To the rest of us it was "SWEET CHRISTMAS!"

Patsy Walker is introduced for the first time as a radio DJ and best friend to Jessica. We know that in Marvel Comics a character with that name is HELLCAT. That's a cool EEEEEEEEE moment for me. I hope she doesn't have to become collateral damage of Killgrave's revenge.

 

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You're persuading me to watch this series on Netflix some day when I have time!