Saturday, November 21, 2015

Remember? You 'Member?

 
We used to sneak behind the corner store and grab a couple of glass bottles to return for about 20 cents which got you a nice sized bag of mixed candy back in the day. We got caught after a few years when the owner recognized a bottle he had just put out and caught us in the act the next day. I must have been six when I heard the sirens coming for me. They tried to handcuff us but our wrists were too small. I almost had a panic attack from dehydration from all the crying I did, especially after my Auntie Tilly arrived. My parents I could handle but Auntie Tilly would whoop your ass.
 

2 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

In Michigan, we return soda bottles for ten cents! Eat it other 49 states!

DrGoat said...

Remember it well. The good ole days. I think that's
actually true, looking at the world today.