Monday, February 29, 2016

Adventure People

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1728265268/the-new-adventure-people-0?ref=nav_search

 
I don't usually go for these 4 inch sized figures but I like these and the fact that they are a Kickstarter project. These are made with love by people who love the property. I have a soft spot for all things Captain Action.
 





 

A New Adventure Begins!

ZICA Toys is very excited to present a new take on an old favorite from the action figure toy aisles, Adventure People! With the help of Eleventyplex, Boss Fight Studios, and other talented artists, this new line will have the aesthetics and articulation features that are most popular with today's modern action figure collectors. Standing 4” tall (1:18 scale), they will blend in perfectly with other figures in the same scale that share similar themes and designs.

The first assortment will be broken down into two series, Captain Action and Comic Action Heroes. This is the approach we want to take throughout the entire line, with all of the different series falling under the Adventure People brand name. By using the same basic aesthetics and articulation design across all of the characters in their respective series, we hope to make it look like they're all part of the same action figure universe. The figures shown in the campaign are painted resin samples so they're a little rough around the edges in some areas. High quality construction, materials and paint applications will be top priority on the production figures.

The First Wave of Adventure

The first assortment will be comprised of 5 main figures which include Captain Action, Captain Evil, Captain Evil's Henchman, Action Jackson, and Jet Jungle.
 



 

2 comments:

david_b said...

You and me both sir.., my earliest recollections are watching the Marvel Superhero cartoons with C/A in my hand.

I'd still love some new retro Action Boy releases, but such is life. I've pretty much kept my re-collecting of vintage C/A to a minimum, but that new Silver Streak looks awesome.

EXCELLENT idea to re-tool it to look like the box cover instead of just re-casting the original vehicle.

I may have to spring for that when it's released, damn the expense.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Like I said, I am not a fan of these smaller figures but this line looks so great. I love the Silver Streak just for the box art. It's one of the few Kickstarters that I follow.