Saturday, August 13, 2016

What Is Your Favorite Wacky Racer?

Dick Dastardly and Muttley in the Mean Machine


It was hard not to root for the villains. For starters, their purple dart looked a bit like a Batmobile. The Mean Machine moved like lightning with its rear rockets. Sure, they cheated all the time, but they never won. The ne'er-do-wells never even crossed the finish line in the top three. "Curses, foiled again!" But who could resist Muttley's evil snickering and Dirk's mustache twirling?



 
This was one of my favorites.
I like the Beaver and the buzzsaws for wheels.


 
How did this fine girl get involved with these thugs?
What is her twisted backstory?






 
I am a huge fan of the WACKY RACES. It was the one thing that I remember enjoying with my sister. You never knew who would win the race and that gave the cartoon another fun element to enjoy. You could bet chores on the results. After losing a few times I learned never to bet on that stupid dog, Muttly who needed to have his voice fixed. What kind of dog laughs like that? It's very annoying.
 
Me TV has some great pop cultural posts about these things that I enjoyed all those years ago. Well they are a nostalgia driven station so that is to be expected. I could write for these guys. I should be writing for these guys. Their WR post looks like the best of the Cave of Cool with interesting analysis of each vehicles in the Races. I was going to borrow the whole thing but if you are interested you can follow the link and see where your favorite vehicle ended up.
 

No comments: