Friday, August 4, 2017

Yes, There Even Was A Justice League Detroit And A Great Lakes Avengers Team And They Both Sucked

The guy in the Michael Jackson outfit is VIBE, he can make the ground rumble just not very much. OOOO I am scared. I hate to say I have the entire run of this sad comic series. Even Zatanna could not save it. Did I mention VIBE? Aye Chihuahua!!

 
They look like they might have some potential but the stories just weren't there. There are almost as bad as the Great Lakes Avengers. The only thing good that came from those losers was my beloved Squirrel Girl.
 
 
John Byrne is a great artist but he doesn't have the gift for creating interesting or even original characters. Squirrel girl has been around for awhile before she joined the goof-ups on the Great Lakes Avengers. I had to include two picture for these losers so that you didn't miss Byrne's greatest creation. The pink one flying in the sky below is named DINAH SOAR. Yes that is right. Read it again if you don't believe. That is beyond lame. I bailed on these losers early and permanently.
 
 

4 comments:

said...

I kinda liked the Detroit JLA.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

No you didn't. No one did.

Stu Ordana said...

I never read either comic although I did read the West Coast Avengers for a bit and I remember seeing the Great Lakes Avengers and almost picking it up as I live in Iowa and thought it would be cool to read about a superhero group in my region of the country.

I see that the GLA was only a 4 issue mini-series.

But I could not find the number of issues for the JLD. Though an article says it lasted 2 years, so maybe 24 issues?

I also see Gerry Conway wrote JLD. It has been my impression that anything Gerry Conway touched turned to crap.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I have to check that Gerry Conway thing because I can't remember off the top of my head. But that would be funny. But JLD was horrid. But I have them all. Gah. It's infects my collection like all the Liefeld stuff does.