Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Richard Anderson / Oscar Goldman RIP

Of all the action figures in the world that were made from a TV show the one I love and cherish the most is Oscar Goldman with his exploding briefcase. When do you ever see a doll based on the hero's BOSS. But there it is. I have  him loose with his exploding briefcase but it's not the same than Mint In Package so I continue to search. You all know the story how I once passed on a such a mint figure for only 40 dollars because I was stupid back in the day. This is how the God's punish me by not knowing a GREAT deal when I see on.


Of course the man who played Oscar on The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman was Richard Anderson. A fine TV actor who made a good show even better. Unfortunately he died this weekend. I bet if something went to an Estate sale that they would be boxes of unopened figures.

 


 
Turtle neck sweater? Plaid jacket that doesn't match the pants? He even came with socks. Glorious?
 
 
To find one in his original package would be the dream.

 
Yes, it's a reproduction figure but it's not the same.

 
His office is nearly impossible to find
 

6 comments:

Monc said...

Someone posted somewhere that Oscar Goldman was the ultimate boss, and I agree. He would tell it to you straight and always have your back. And, when the working day was done, he was willing to be your wingman.

So long, pal.

Dr. Theda said...

Sorry to hear of his passing, good Sir Kal... we know from your past posts the he was an important "fictional character" in your youth...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I loved him back in the dsay when he would appear on both bionic programs.

Caffeinated Joe said...

He always seemed to be playing an extension of himself, cause Oscar seemed so effortless. A friend and a mentor to the Bionic duo, he was someone a kid could look up to. The tributes from Majors and Wagner seem to support the kind of man he was. He will be missed.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

according to The 40 Year Old Virgin the Oscar Goldman doll was worth even more then the Steve Austin one.

DrGoat said...

I think the first time I saw him was in Forbidden Planet. He played one of the crewman of the space ship. Rest in Peace Richard.