Wednesday, September 6, 2017

She Took The Sword From The Lake - That Makes Her Queen Now

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/schoolgirl-discovers-mystery-sword-in-same-lake-king-arthurs-legendary-excalibur-was-thrown/ar-AArolhw?li=AAggNb9&ocid=1PRCMSE

 
A schoolgirl pulled a mysterious sword from the same lake in Cornwall that King Arthur’s legendary blade Excalibur is said to have been thrown into.

Seven-year-old Matilda Jones, from Doncaster, was paddling in Dozmary Pool on Bodmin Moor with her father, Paul, when she stumbled across the object.
 
According to folklore, that is where the legendary King of England threw Excalibur before he died.

8 comments:

Tim Knight said...

As a loyal British citizen, I welcome our young new queen and look forward to her investitature. Long may she reign!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

RIGHT NO, my Brother. I fight for her now. She pulled the sword from the lake. That is all I need to believe.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Betty Windsor's not going to go quietly, I can tell you that. The kid will have to USE that sword to dislodge her ass from the throne!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Game of Thrones finally got interesting.

Uncle Sam said...

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Naw, I have seen how your system works. I go with weapons from a lake. Does it really hurt to try??

jester59388 said...

LOL, Uncle Sam!!!!!

You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you. Oh, but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is such a classic and quotable movie!!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Python has a quote for everything.