Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Calvin Has A Dream



This is what I want to do more than anything in my life. I want to sail somewhere where I can't see the land and the wind fills the sails. If the cannons worked and we could fire off a few shots every now and then that would be perfectly fine with me. I was always envious of those kids who got to sail around the world and do their high school education on the boat. If I was with them we would climb the rigging and have to spend the night in the crow's nest during a bad storm if we broke the rules. There would be battles with pirates. Not those Somali ones but REAL, actual 'Pirates of the Caribbean' pirates. We would stop on tropical islands and dig for treasure. Then we would FIND treasure then get drunk and mutiny and put the Captain in a little boat and he would have to sail all the way home only using the stars for navigation but we would get there before him and make up a story that he died. Then of course he would show up with an amazing tale of his harrowing ordeal and we would all be suspended till the hearing where we would be found not guilty and allowed to graduate. I have a dream.

4 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Well, if you can't live it, then write it. Write the story of "Courageous Cal", the adventurer of the seas!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yeh but who would film it? Senior Spelbergo the low cost mexican equivalent is busy till 2013 directing telenovellas.

Wings1295 said...

Get a small college film crew, they can do it as "experience". :)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I am liking this idea. See that is why you are the 'idea' guy. You seem to get my vision. All handheld cameras and we will CGI the monsters. Knock his puppy out in what..six, eight weeks?