Monday, September 14, 2009

Things I Worry About Now More Than I Used To



Thanks to Jay at Genius Pending for coming up with his list and inspiring this one of my own. I don't even think I could create a list of things I no longer worry about because my worries never seem to resolve themselves. They just expand exponentially.

*When I calculate how little I sleep and try to equate that to actual years lived awake - does that change my chronological age?

*The cephalopod scourge. The Internet is nothing but tentacles and LOL cats. One I love and the other freaks the crap out of me. It's like it was designed that way just to bother me and me alone.

*Movies that are shorter than 90 minutes (and I am compromising there because 90 minutes is the absolute MINIMUM a movie's length should be) and NO ONE is talking about it.

*The exact conditions necessary for rain to fall. Its like I am a Fremen on Arakis.

*Ear and nose hair.

*Why having few real world friends doesn't bother me.

*My kitty' feelings (which is probably related to why I have no real world friends).

*Why I plan trips out of the house like I am going on some African Expedition. They have become EVENTS. I nearly hired a Sherpa the other day just to carry my groceries and fill me in on local superstitions and customs.

*Why things that I know to be true cannot be fathomed by certain segments of the population? I am speaking of issues in American government like their battle over health care. Are insurance companies REALLY more important to them than people or is it just because a black guy wants change?

*The fact that I got 9000 problems AND a bitch ain't one. Why they hell not? I am as charming and disarming as the next guy and I can dance and cook and know when to just shut my mouth and nod in agreement.

5 comments:

Wings1295 said...

The 'movies shorter than 90 minutes thing' annoys me, too! Anything less than 90 should be considered a 'short film', IMO!

Ear and nose hair is an issue, dang it.

I have less 'real world' friends, too. And I am okay with that.

And give it time. There is a Cal-ette out there, somewhere. ;)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Now about that Cal-ette...you got her number? And I KNEW the minute I saw that little scarecrow kid in his onsie jumper that you would choose that for your icon. That whole movie freaks me out.

Booksteve said...

I'm in with the ear and nose hair. We should start a support group.

Wings1295 said...

Sorry, no go on the number. But I have hope you two will collide one day.

As for Sam (the little masked kid), he is just one part of a movie that looks awesome!

Jay said...

Cal, I may be wrong on this, but the more expeditions you embark on outside the better your success with the bumping into her.

/just sayin'
//gently