Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Middle



Sometimes I just download a show and leave it forever before I watch the first number of episodes in order. Sometimes I am disappointed but not for this show. I always loved Patricia Heating from 'Everyone Loves Raymond' and it was refreshing to find a realistic sitcom about a real family. They didn't need to invent weird situations. They just take the everyday minutia that makes me NEVER want to be part of a family. How do people do it? That is the kind of stress and exasperation that made me light fires in the past. (Honest, I don't do that anymore and if I did you can't prove it anyways) The kid actors are great too. The little one (Brick) whispers to himself because he finds it 'soothing'. The oldest (Axel) walks around the house in just his boxers and the middle girl (Sue) is very sweet despite the fact that she is virtually invisible to everyone at her school and fails at everything she tries. Its nice to see a female teen character that isn't hypersexual and hyperconfidant and just plain old geeky like we all were at that age. She may be a failure but her spirit can't be broken. Sigh, I remember when I was like that. Then the world crushed me like a peanut under a truck tire.

8 comments:

Artman2112 said...

is that the "Janitor" from Scrubs???

i love Patricia Heaton, what a little doll *SIGH*

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

I can't get behind this show because of Patricia Heaton. She's an unrepentant conservative Christian (Roman Catholic) Republican, which is of course her right to be. And it's my right not to watch her show or support anything she does because I disagree with her politics and religion so much.

Artman2112 said...

me on the other hand could care less about her religion and politics, i just wanna hit that ;)

but i dont watch any of her shows regardless cuz well, i dont really watch ANY shows at all, lol.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

How does one do that? Not watch anything? I would need a ten step program to break the grip the box has on me. He makes me laugh and cry and keeps me warm at night.

Artman2112 said...

"He makes me laugh and cry and keeps me warm at night."

dude, women are soooooooo much better for that ;)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

really? you got any numbers? Or a sister with low self esteem.

Unknown said...

I agree - I've really been enjoying this show. Modern Family is really funny, too!

Artman2112 said...

lol, sorry Cal, no spare numbers of self-esteem cases i can pass on!!

i really do wanna see modern Family though because i think Ed O'neil is just too damn funny. Life just hasnt been the same without the Bundy's on sunday night.

yes i USED to watch shows Cal, lots of 'em!! too many i think, now i'm revolting, lol!