Saturday, February 6, 2010

Am I A Terrible Person?


Sometimes I leave really good comments on other people's sites. Ah, who am I kidding. I ALWAYS leave great comments on other people's sites. So many in fact that I have to repost them here at times because they deserve to be shared with others. How impressed am I with myself, eh? Dr. Monkey had a post tonight about something horrible he does that makes him laugh. Doesn't make him a bad person, just strikes him funny. Do YOU have something that you do or say or have said or seen that makes you feel terrible for? Not so terrible that you would go back in time and do anything different but terrible enough that when you tell others about them they lose just a tiny bit of respect for you if they ever had respect for you in the first place? This was my response. This was my story.

"Every winter when it gets really really cold you can drive by the 'Flea Market' store in our town. It's a store where things are cheaper and more terribly made than the 99 cent store. It's seriously low rent. Like some back alley shop in the poorest part of Cairo if you can imagine. Without fail, when customers are low because it's just too damn cold to be out shopping anywhere, let alone 'Hell's Boutique' - the owner has one of his many children out in the flea costume, made to be worn in the heat of Egypt with a sign that says she can come inside only when ten people join her for the fabulous deals within. It always makes me laugh to see this poor desert flea girl shaking from hypothermia and hoping that someone or ten someones take pity on her. I never have gone inside on those days to help this poor urchin out. I am laughing thinking about it now. It doesn't make me a horrible person. It just makes me a person who can't recognize a good deal when he sees one."

6 comments:

Margaret Benbow said...

Maybe the desert flea girl secretly has several suits of long woolen underwear under her floaty garb. She's as warm as toast, forget her!

TS Hendrik said...

I'd laugh. I might even point.

Though the 'always' on the great comments is a tad questionable.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh how you wound me sir. Am I to be denied the boast for my effort?

TS Hendrik said...

Yesterday still rings clear in my mind, when you claimed I was 'dead to you.' I may have forgiven but the record is still there. Maybe once you were batting near perfection, but you sir, put the mark upon thine own record.

Also, nobody says 'thine' anymore. I'm bringing it back.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Good luck with that one. LOL

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

And remember...so few can be 'dead to me' because they were never first 'alive to me'. It's quite a compliment really.