Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Burned By Burn Notice


My mother is a very smart woman. Not totally 'book smart' but she has several 'phds' in 'people smarts'. We have been watching this season of 'Burn Notice' which is becoming one of her favorite programs.

I mentioned last week how she has a friend who is caregiver to two twin six year old boys. Since the old woman is recovering from a broken hip she can't do too much including fulfilling her role as driver to the boy's hockey team. I could tell my mom was angling for me to do something all day long and she of course came out with it and asked if I could do the pick-up and drop off for the old lady's carload for the next couple Saturdays.

Of course I made all kinds of whiny noises ect... but was stopped dead in my tracks when she said, "Michael Weston would do it for his mother." First I was impressed that she remembered the character's name (something she never does) and secondly I realized that anyone who understood a character so well to use him against any possible argument I could come up with was someone I really shouldn't be messing with. So I am driving. But I better be getting a great hockey rink cheeseburger out of the deal.

4 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Hah! Your mom found your pop culture achilles heel, eh?

Unknown said...

and your mom is right. michael WOULD have done it

Unknown said...

oh, michael would have whined as well though

Michael May said...

That... is an AWESOME story. :)