Saturday, February 6, 2010

My New Favorite Word


For years now I have seen made up words on the word verification boxes that accompany our comments. I promised myself if I ever fell in love with a word found there I would promote the hell out of it until it was added to the dictionary. Today is that day. And the word, people, is SQUIEFUL.

Squieful - the feeling you have after eating too much food (usually Chinese) but still having the desire for more.

Common Usage - "I couldn't possibly have another egg roll but I am feeling squieful so send it this way."

Funny thing - Chaka talked about words today too. This is what I said in the comment section -

Favorite Words - poodle, murmur, mellifluous, Caribbean (both pronounciations)

Least Favorite Words - cloths, ointment, Wednesday, September