Wednesday, April 7, 2010

30 Day Challenge II - Day 6 - Favourite TV Show



When we lived in Europe we had very little television in English. So we went to a lot of movies during the week and especially during the weekend matinees. Personally I like the Lonely Tune cartoons and especially the episodes of Star Trek that we would watch during the five hour marathon matinees.



Upon returning to Canada it was the only show that I was familiar with and even through they only showed us the first five or six episodes of Star Trek, I found myself totally immersed into the whole mythology and adventures of the other 60 or so. It was a gift to come come to watch Kirk, Spock and McCoy battle the alien menance. Those were magical times and for that reason I have to give Old Time Star Trek my prize for favorite TV show.

5 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Could never get into that show. Maybe cause I wasn't alive during the initial run. But Next Gen? Loved it!

Pat Tillett said...

Awesome...
The coolest part about it, is that Shatner never changed even once. He just plays himself, no matter what he's in....love the guy!

vancouver mark said...

Loved Star trek and Next Gen both. Followed Voyager mostly for the scenery.
Never got DS9 or Enterprise.

But best show, ever?
Twin Peks, definitely.

DrGoat said...

The old Star Trek was on when I was 16 and it was great. Never missed one. It was a well needed departure from what else was on. Did enjoy Next Gen a little more. More mature stuff with relevent issues and other goodies.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

After TOS I realy got into DS9 Becuse all the political machinations and some really great space battles.