Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cal's Lost Marathon Analysis - Part 8 - (Season 6)


Well I have finally caught up to season 6 (episode 5) of Lost and I have a terrible feeling that we are all gonna be screwed in the end with a show that stopped being fun about 2 seasons ago.

Absolutely nothing happened in season five that has any significance except the death of Julia and the evil Locke. Oh and we finally met Jacob who was pretty much useless picking his 'army' to fight the evil of the island.

And what is the hell with the missing crazy Clair and the cast from 'Apocalypse Now'. The producers and writers claim to have a vision but I don't see it. I hate all the garbage about 'what if' would have happened if the plane had not crashed at all.

Once you had yourselves a little story of loss and redemption that you totally messed up when you got too impressed with your writing and thought you could could create the next great TV epic. Now you are giving me "Twin Peaks' and 'X-Files" all mixed in with other crap I won't enjoy anyway. Thanks for the let down "Lost'.

6 comments:

Rainey said...

Don't lose faith!!! Even if the conclusion for the island itself isn't satisfying, I think that LOST has always been about the redemption of the main characters.

I have been watching since the original air date of Season One, Episode One, and I swear that the anticipation and time between episodes makes my mind work a bit harder. Friends and family have done the marathon thing and been dissapointed as well.

Now that you are all caught up and have to wait in between episodes (muhahahaha!) I think you will begin to have the enlightening experience that LOST-patience brings.

Sorry about the long post. New time reader and excited to follow along!

Fnord said...

Cal, don't dis Lost just yet. This is by far my most favorite show on TV and I can't even explain it. Someone asked me to explain what the show is about and I couldn't do it!

LOST IS AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

I know it doesn't seem like it now, but the season does (surprisingly) get a lot better. I'm caught up now, and the past few episodes have been wicked. :)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Rainey - I never thought about the difference between the weekly watchers and those of us who caught up all at once. There may be something to your theory. I just want to be left with something meaningful at the end. I know that is a lot to ask from a TV show.

Wings1295 said...

Why would it be a letdown? It hasn't ended yet!

Wandering Coyote said...

I am still very disappointed in this season, even though the last episode, which was about Desmond, was excellent and up to par with the LOST episodes of seasons 1 - 3.

Still, they have A LOT to whip out of their asses in the next few episodes, but I have a feeling this is going to be as bad an ending to a show I invested a lot of time in, just like Battlestar Galactica (which I am still ticked off about a year later...).