Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Commandment 11 - Thou Shalt Not Get 'Away' With It


Thankfully there is nothing that can happen in my glorious oasis of a country that can pierce the veil a certain other glorious nation commands over all news North American or global.

But I just got to say - to Brother Jaffer out there. Well done Sir. That is some old school douchebaggery you are displaying in the capital. I really didn't think you had it in you.

Please forgive us simple folk for our outrage over the fallout from your latest little 'adventure'. And let me point out - not to be piling on here - that your name has 'popped' up in the media before and it wasn't for saving some puppies from a house fire.

You make our quaint little polite community proud by going where I didn't think you would go. But just between us guys - did you really think we would not find out how you tried to slither and weasel your way out of your bad behavior? Did you think we would forget how you left your wife to take the full shot when the shit hit the fan? (not just for that night but for all the other ways you put her position in the government and her career in jeopardy?) Who do you think you are? Tiger Woods?

I don't blame the OPP or the Canadian justice system because once a person reaches a certain level of wealth and status, in any community, technicalities are one's best friend while dealing with certain 'indiscretions'. I would have availed myself of the top legal talent I could afford to reduce my punishment if I was in your shoes. That has never been the issue.

It is HUBRIS Sir - that is your crime - even a god can ill afford that, especially in Canada. It really is the ONE thing we will never forgive you for and the fact that you forgot that about us makes me wonder if you were raised here at all.

So I am impressed. Not surprised, but impressed.

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/cbc-article.aspx?cp-documentid=23867923

No comments: