Monday, April 12, 2010

Good Lawd Dem Internets Be Crazy

On MY blog I make no apologies for my admiration of Selena Gomez. She makes me laugh. She is cute as a speckled puppy and uses her fame to do some good in this world (check out her UNICEF work). From all appearances she is not a DIVA and treats her fans with the love and respect they look to her for. Nothing wrong with that. I have more problems with the elevation of a couple of scumbags like Jesse James or Tiger Woods than some sweet kid trying to make her way through the fog of celebrity.

You might guess if you have visited this site from time to time, that I am a guy that knows and enjoys his pop culture. I can name most 'Pokemon' and 'GI Joe' characters on sight. I like those safe and simple 'Disney' and 'Nickelodeon' shows and it might surprise you to know that I don't care one bit that they are selling me some kind of 'product'. I get it. Just because I can differentiate one Jonas brother from the others I must be some kind of corporate zombie, right?

Everything my eyes look upon is trying to sell me something or trying to influence me to think and feel a certain way.

Now if I know that, don't you think I am able to make free choices? If any kind of psychological manipulation actually worked then we would all agree completely on every issue, we would drink only ONE kind of cola and eat the same fast food everyday of the week. Billions would not be spent on advertising if a simple and effective brainwashing technique existed.

Free will is a bitch on 'the man'. HE would do away with it if he could. The Communists tried making only one kind of car and one kind of shoe and that didn't turn out too well for them. Seems that people like their underwear to come in a variety of colors.

In the 1950s we know they tried slipping subliminal messages into the movies we watched so we would buy more candy and popcorn. Guess what? It didn't work. I was just as thirsty for a cherry squishy before I entered the theatre than when I sat down.

So when I hear someone spout some conspiracy balloon juice that claims that everything in a Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez movie is selectively and carefully chosen to brainwash me I gotta check this out because next they will be sending instructions through my cat's litter box that will have me killing the paper boy...AGAIN! See, because clumping cat litter is how they GETCHA!

But don't take my word for it. Check it out at Psuedo-Occult Media: Disney and you tell me what you think. I will be fair with your point of view.

But know up front that I think it's a special kind of crazy brain that can logically assemble this kind of rant and make it enjoyable to read. I thought Obama was the anti-Christ but apparently I was wrong - the anti-Christ is Walt Disney.

You almost had me Vancouver Mark. Well played old man. Now before I let you go let's all enjoy some cute pictures of Ms Selena. Thank you for your time and attention to this matter. My unlimited love to you all - Cal



1 comment:

vancouver mark said...

I knew you'd like it. You should also check out a site called Vigilant Citizen, it's even better, though it hasn't done a GooGoo expose.
Yet.
Once Selena's sex tape with Lady Gaga, the Jonases and Sarah Palin leaks out they'll probably do a feature on her.