Saturday, April 17, 2010

Kal Week Update


As you know, those of who have been following, this week was officially declared 'Kal Week' by the cosmos. Daily, many miracles and milestones have occurred. Today is no different.

Now I read all the comments I make on other sites when they get emailed to me. I also read the comments other have made. At times, other people's comments can be brilliantly funny or insightful and DEMAND a response from me. I either extend the thread/thought or made another relevant comment. It is not my place to do so since it is not my site and those comments were not meant for me.

I can't help it. It's a sickness. Some people hate when people do that because "that comment section is for recognition of THEIR brilliance by gum." Other's don't care.

But today it happened to me for the first time. A scrappy young newcomer to the interwebs thought he could dare to dream and comment on a comment by the mighty T.S. that he had left on my site. I can't help but admire the moxie of this kid. Without any fear he walks right up to the big dogs and points his elastic band gun at me.

Instead of commenting on my post, he commented on what was said by one of my commentors AND gave that person credit for being funny. Et Tu, Cheeseboy, Et Tu?

I don't care about this because I am guilty of it in spades and because T.S. always reminds us in his informative pamphlets that 'its all one big community'. It just feels wierd to have the tables turned

So we honor you brother Cheeseboy. We promise you a fine death in the Thunderdome. What? Nothing personal you understand.

7 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

I thought gals had 'moxie' and guys had 'spunk'

TS Hendrik said...

No TS it can be used for either gender.

There now I've turned into a metajoke

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I saw what you just did there.

Megan said...

You're really going to make me go figure all this out right now, aren't you?

Powdered Toast Man said...

moxie sounds like a foreign dish that would taste weird at first but then it grows on you and you crave it at 3 a.m when you can't sleep.

Megan said...

Oh no. It was all server not found and shit. You DO know I'm on my dad's computer right now and if anything happens, I AM TOAST. You know that, right? Because I just told you?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Nope, tis the weekend. You can start thinking Monday morning.