Saturday, April 17, 2010

TV Meme - Like Anyone Cares

Pick five of your favorite shows, in no particular order, before you read the below questions, then answer them!

1. Star Treks (all versions)
2. Deadliest Catch
3. Law and Order (all versions)
4. WKRP in Cincinnati
5. M*A*S*H

01. Who's your favorite character in 2?

Sig Hansen of the Northwestern. Old school Captain and has gone from nice guy in early part of the series to true personality. Running a boat makes you a dick as it should have because the sea is no one's bitch.

02. Who's your least favorite character in 1?

Q - he is just so insufferably smug and for someone with such power he does seem to get tricked by us crafty humans a awful lot. Or he LETS us win the day which is more insufferable.

03. What's your favorite episode of 4?

The 'Turkey Drop' episode of course. "As God as my witness. I thought Turkeys could fly."


04. What's your favorite season of 5?

The early ones with Trapper and Henry. Just the funniest and wackiest ones. Klinger is at his insane best too. Letters to or from home have never been better.


05. Who is your favorite ship in 1?

I have to say 'The Defiant' from DS9 - the sight of it weaving and bobbing through an enemy armada is the coolest. It also has a cloaking device. DS9 has the best space battles.

06. Who is your anti-ship in 2?

The 'Time Bandit. Two brothers who are bullies and dickheads at the same time. If ever I wanted them to see put in their place and be swallowed by the sea it's them.


07. How long have you watched 1?

All my life really. I first saw it at the uber-matinees we enjoyed as kids. It was part of the afternoons events along with cartoons, b-movies, a-features, new reels and toy commercials.

08. How did you become interested in 3?

First time it was on. My Dad and I loved legal shows and figuring out the laws, jargon and sentencing necessary to cage those perps.

09. Who's your favorite actor/actress in 4?

Howard Hesman - Dr. Johnny Fever - when he beat the phone to death with a toolbox containing a bomb is one of the single most hilarious pieces of TV ever. Though I did like Mama Carson's butler Hursch. His hate for his employer and profession was pure.

Mama Carlson - "Hursch, this coffee is terrific?"
Hursch - "Of course madame, we were having company."


And that Baily Quarters? That kid was alllll right.

10. Which do you prefer: Show 1, 2 or 5?

Star Trek fills my soul and at camp when you never see TV all summer its the first thing you look for when near a TV.

11. Which show have you seen more episodes of, 1 or 3?

3 hands down but there are more OF them. But it terms of 'most often seen single series' it would be Star Trek. Have the entire series on BETA for Christ sake.


12. If you could be anyone from 4, who would you be?

Venus Flytrap - duh

13. How would you kill off your favorite character in 1?

I would never kill him off. Captain Benjamin Sisko is 'of Bajour' and chosen as the emissary of the Prophets. He will never die.

14. Give a random quote from 1.

"In every revolution, there is ONE man with a vision.

15. Which character from 5 would be a good guest star on 2?

Kliger - crab fishing wearing some flashy Dior number.

16. Would a 3/4 crossover work?

Sure, Les Nesman goes nuts and kills everyone but Jennifer and Baily and must be put on trial.


17. Pair 2 characters in 1 that would make an unlikely but strangely okay couple.

Spock and Kira Nurese from DS9

18. Has 5 inspired you in any way?

It made me laugh then cry at the insanities of war and in that way I got the emotions right. I am not a robot and not a psychopath. I find the right things funny in the right order.

19. Overall, which show has a better cast, 2 or 4?

apples and oranges - one is real and dangerous and the other is fictional and safe

20. Which has better theme music, 3 or 5?

Once I would have said 5 but the guy who wrote the theme to 5 opened with his jazz band at a Bill Cosby performance once and played the same note over and over and over again. I was ready to go all Chopin on his ass but didn't. I was most upset with myself that I did not avail myself of such an obvious 'freebie' No one in that audience would ever had convicted me. So three wins by default.

4 comments:

Wings1295 said...

Cool stuff! LOVE the turkey episode! And Q is great, if a bit insufferable at times.

And hey, I care!

Kelly Sedinger said...

As great as the turkey episode is -- and boy howdy, is it awesome -- my favorite was the one with the bomb threat made against the station. I guess it took a more innocent time to find humor in bomb threats, but wow, was that episode hilarious. "It's the phone cops! They know what I did to this phone!"

TS Hendrik said...

You hate Q? He was my favorite character when I was a kid. Oh well, I can't really stand Next Gen anymore.

I love love love WKRP. The Turkey episode is classic.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I had to edit my post just from your comment Jaquandor. That scene of Johnny Fever bashing that phone with the tool box is one of those 'laugh till you pee, just a little, moments.