Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Wicked Cool Action Figure - Whiplash


We live in a golden age, collectors. These guy's may be pricey but you get full value for your money.

I am loving the low tech look of Whiplash vs the High Tech evolution of the Iron Man Armor. The suitcase BECOMES the armor - it is so simple - 45 years of the character and the suit was always just PIECES in that case. Okay, NOW you got my jaded attention because the only way that THAT can work is if you abandon the much used plot device that Iron Man is NOT Tony Stark a major part of the character's story. That is the way you create/re imagine a superhero movie.


How does the hero essentially fight himself? How do you defeat a man who has nothing to lose? A man who plays on all the guilt you have about what YOUR selfish actions have caused? How does it feel to be hit with that right in the middle of what you thought was an easy path to your redemption?

FINALLY, I see someone asking these questions to give me something beyond all the visual WOW, which, if we can be honest, is the EASY part. James Cameron I am looking right at you. John Favreau, Robert Downey Jr, I would kiss you both full on the mouth WITH tongue if I could.

1 comment:

ActionJon said...

Kiss them in the mouth? Yikes dude... and wait just a second, that suitcase in the armor suit he has, isn't his main one. That's Mark V, the suitcase armor, that's not his main one.

And Whiplash's armor is low tech but he'll build something better later on in the movie. By the way I also posted about hot toys whiplash on my blog.

Interesting post nonetheless :)