Saturday, January 22, 2011

Do You Know What The Cave Of Cool Needs?


I need cool swag to review. Things like comics or toys or toys and the like. How does one get to do stuff like that? How does one get to get themselves invited as a press representative to comic book conventions because they have a cool blog?

There are two coming up in May in Calgary (a short hour and a bit from my home town) and dammit I should be there with my best fedora on with that PRESS card stuck in the brim. I want all the free swag that comes with such a post.

I need to expand my profile. Make those connections that will enrich the world when they see my 'Adventures From The Cave Of Cool' cartoon hit the airwaves.


Or how about my award winning podcasts (which I have all the technology to make but am not sure how to go about that exactly so that demand for them grows faster that ridicule over them).

Being hobbled by my broken or goutish toe is really making my mind go to those kinds of places tonight.

Also the cat is freaking me out by refusing to be more than two feet from me all day. I must be dying. That is what cats do in nursing homes when they think people are about to expire. He would HAVE to be one of those cats that can hear the 'rattle' just to spite me.


He is also mad at me because I scolded him for CHEWING THROUGH MY DIGITAL CAMERA WIRE and my mother's cellphone charger wire. He has never done things like that. I know I have only ever showed him in his most gorgeous and positive light and she didn't ever call the cops on him despite threatening it a few times. Now I have another thing to worry about. I hoped that he would get a small zap to keep him from doing it again but no such luck.

7 comments:

DEZMOND said...

you need to send an e-mail with your request for free review copies to comic book publishers, and they might send you some, they might even give you books and comics for give-aways.
I've had dozens of publishers asking me to write about their stuff at my site, but my site isn't really fit for books and similar unless they are of film thematic, but your blog is quite general so you could do that.
Just google it a bit :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think cats go out of their way to find things that annoy their owners.

Mike D. said...

Check your email Kal, I sent you some tips!!!

Wandering Coyote said...

Well, if a clingy cat is a sign of imminent death, I've been on death's door for 3 years now!

Kal said...

Thanks for all the advice guys.

Good to hear what you said Coyote, I guess I am not on borrowed time.

Pat Tillett said...

Cats do that stuff every once in a while to let you know that THEY are in control...

Jeremy [Retro] said...

i send out tons of emails and never get any real products just links to press areas... now how can i cover something i cannot play with?
jeremy