Saturday, May 7, 2011

How About That FRINGE Season Finale?




Someone needs to explain to me what happened in the last ten minutes of the 'Fringe' season finale? Is Peter gone like he never existed at all? Is Walternate and Walter going to have to team up to save both worlds from the tiny pocket universe that Peter was able to create?

I loved that we got to jump a decade forward in time and learn what everyone's fate turned out to be but then it ended with a WTF? moment that I had to re-watch about five times.

Now don't get me wrong. I love shit like that. I love having to wait all summer to see what is going to happen next. 'Lost' was great at building interest that way - so much so that it's actual finale could never live up to the hype.

I think that 'Fringe' had to rush some things thinking they would not get another season on FOX and will rectify a lot of the mysteries now that they have a whole new season to play with.

In no way do I really believe that Olivia is actually dead or will die in the way she did in the final episode.

I also think that Astrid (Jasike Nicole) should style her hair like is was in the future because she looked amazing. I already have a crush on her but that hair style just about sent me over the edge. I always thought a 'day in the life' of her character and all she had to do to keep Walter on an even keel would have made a great stand alone episode.

So if you are a fan I would love to hear your theories about what will happen next. I have been with this show from the beginning and it made for interesting TV for three years.

No comments: