Friday, March 16, 2012

100 Questions - The Next Ten

41) What was the last book you read?

Hunger Games - wait, that is not true. I have read up to the point where Katnis finds water during the first few days of the competition. Now I am going to see the movie and finish the book after I do so. I know that's not how it's done but I don't want to know yet who get's killed in what order or how Katniss eventually triumphs while making some hard life decisions.

I don't like as this Team Gail/Team Peeta nonsense. There is only Team Katnis and it should be. This is NOT 'Twilight' and is a compelling enough story that is not improved by all this tween romance nonsense but I neither confirm nor deny that allegation.


42) Do you like the smell of gasoline?

I do actually. Reminds me of going to fill up the car with my Dad. That meant a nice drive in the country after a trip to the comic rack and candy aisle. Good times.

43) Do you have any nicknames?

Cal, of course. The ladies call me Big Daddy. My Spice Girl name was Pepsi Spice (think of all that endorsement money).

44) What was the last movie you saw?

John Carter. I liked it. I can't believe all the crap it's getting in the press. It's certainly a better story than Avatar.

45) What's the worst injury you've ever had?

I was bit in the face by a dog when I was 5. I still have the scar under my left eye.

46) Have you ever caught a butterfly?

We perfected the effective kill jar technology as kids. We would also catch Fireflies but those we didn't pin to a piece of cardboard. We had been told that you needed to come to Jr. High science with an insect board the first day. We couldn't believe we got SUMMER homework but we threw ourselves into the bug hunt. Me and my buddies ended up with great projects because we found and killed and pinned all kinds of creepy crawlers and flying buddies over the time off.


47) Do you have any obsessions right now?

Blogging, Tumblr, building on my online friendships (because I have met the coolest people around), toy collecting, fitness (really, no shit), my health. By all the testing that's been done, I have all but cured myself of Type 2 diabetes.

48) What's your sexual orientation?

Heterosexual and I don't care what anyone else does to get their freak on. I will even watch or work the camera if you provide me with an alcoholic beverage.

49) Ever had a rumor spread about you?

Yes, that I had killed a man while fleeing the Mexican authorities. The truth is I was struggling with the officer and the gun just went off. It happened at night during a thunder and lightning storm so to this day my memories of the incident are a bit hazy.

I may have started that rumor myself to stop my class of Inuit children from asking me why I didn't live in the south where it was warmer.

50) Do you believe in magic?

I believe in the magic of ordinary things but as to physical manipulation of the real world with super powers? - that is ridiculous. I have read alot about the topic and if it was possible I would be levitating from my room to the bathroom to the kitchen at every possible opportunity.

I have seen some great illusions from great performers like David Copperfield and Chris Angel but I am always reminded of what my Dad would say whenever we saw one of these illusions - "It's only a trick...but it's a GOOD trick."



Try this one yourself.

3 comments:

Budd said...

48. Hey government: Stay out of my life.

Belle said...

Congrats on healing yourself from diabetes. That is a huge thing! Takes lots of willpower too. Are you afraid of dogs now?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Strangely no. I have been confronted by wild dogs and you gotta go all Alpha Wolf on them.