Sunday, March 4, 2012

WTF? I Should Feel Flattered But I Only Feel Poached


i bow before the true man behind the golden glasses. a bastard i may be due to this but i see myself in that character as well, to good to pass up. i have merely altered its true epicness with a new setting more conducive to my blog, also no dancing cats. what was with the dancing cats… i originally had stumbled across it on deviant art…

in return i’ve provided you with hendricks tits today though…

i’ve always wondered, is that her in the cave?


I am just waiting to see MDs reaction to all this. He of course is the genius behind the creation of the epic header which I highlight this month. This is the first time I am came across an out and out theft and alteration of a creative property that I had something to do with creating. I am half way between honored and pissed off.

I know I borrow liberally from the sites I choose to visit. Everything I see inspires what I post here at the 'Cave of Cool'. It's a simple philosophy that works for me and all the rest of you out there who choose to follow this balloon juice.

I try to be original and I have the help of many, many smart and funny people to do that. Those of you who comment on a regular basis really do keep me going. You make me better at what I like to do - anyone with a hobby can tell you how much that support can mean to a person. I like to think that we all share similar sensibilities.

So let's choose to see this as an homage to great minds like MD and myself and move on. Knowing we were there first seems to be all that really matters.

http://thegodofhellfire.tumblr.com/post/18724808220/christina-hendricks

8 comments:

Urban Jointz said...

Apparently somebody leaked my wife’s photo!! Damn! Don’t worry baby, I still love you!!!

DrGoat said...

This is clear as mud. Someone perloined your image?

TS Hendrik said...

You have a right to feel poached. That's pretty audacious to use your image, a rendering of you no less, as their own.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I am choosing to take it as an homage, a deeply twisted homage but one none the less. I want to see what MD thinks about it. After all it was his image that was poached and altered. He removed the kitties, who removes the kitties? This is a sick sick person. I all of Tumblr it was a random find as well. Am I that strange a person myself?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I am choosing to take it as an homage, a deeply twisted homage but one none the less. I want to see what MD thinks about it. After all it was his image that was poached and altered. He removed the kitties, who removes the kitties? This is a sick sick person. I all of Tumblr it was a random find as well. Am I that strange a person myself?

M. D. Jackson said...

I have given the fellow a choice. Either he can acknowledge me as the artist on his tumblr or he can remove it.

I don't want to be heavy handed, but credit is due. I wouldn't mind otherwise but since this is a commission that I painted for your specific use, I think that the least that the fellow could do would be to acknowledge where he swiped it from.

M. D. Jackson said...

In fact, if a few of your followers left messages with the guy suggesting that giving credit where it's due would be the right thing to do...

Nick Ward said...

He seems have disappeared. Did one of us kill him?