Sunday, October 21, 2012

You Can Now Buy This Costume In The Store

We truly live in a Golden Age my friends. Finally adults can get some terrific (and sexy) costumes for Halloween for under 100 dollars. Many young women go for the sexy version of popular characters. I don't make the rules, people, I just enjoy them.

Of all the ones I have come across lately, This Mystique is my favorite. I would buy this for my girlfriend if I ever get one. Like any great cosplay you need the body first to pull off the look but after that the illusion is terrific. I always love that skull belt that she always wears. After Halloween this costume can go into the Tickle Trunk to be worn again when I want to be seduced by a super villain.


 

4 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Personally I think alternative versions of pre-existing "occupation" costumes are overrated. I had a college girlfriend who dressed up as a "Sexy Amish Girl" to try and "impress" me at the Halloween party once. Ehhh... I had very mixed feelings about it.

These kind of costumes on the other hand are great. Why settle for being a cheap knockoff when you can be strong, bold, original and maybe even a little bit menacing.

Though I don't think I'll be able to get the phrase "Tickle Trunk" out of my head anytime soon. I imagine it contains a well worn Squirrel Girl suit.

Kal said...

SIGH...Squirrel Girl...I do so love that bushy tale. As with any costume the important part is matching the costume with your body type. I am not going out as Superman or any superhero. But I do make a kickass pirate.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I've been told that I have a passing resemblance to David Tennant. Sadly, school kept me very busy and I was unable to acquire the necessary costuming bits during his run on "Doctor Who".

Kal said...

But the Doctor never get's old so that costume is always topical. You just need a sonic screwdriver and a trench coat.