Monday, November 19, 2012

Again With The Lone Ranger Toys

 

Just when you thought this line of Lone Ranger toys from Gabriel was done with, I discovered these fantastic adventure sets. I love all the little accessories you got that only increased the play value of the figures. No one does such great stuff like this anymore. No wonder these toys are so expensive on the secondary market. What kid wouldn't want to just run home and tear open the packages? No one cared back in the seventies about small pieces that a baby could swallow so you could actually include sticks of dynamite in the back robber set. Glorious.
 
 







 

 


 

 

 

5 comments:

Konsumterra said...

i remember seeing most of these in a shop when i had doll and many bootleg sets - i had a pirate one with barrel with little cannon, musket and headscarf - but kids with lone ranger dolls and horses wouldnt play with kids who didnt have horses

Kal said...

But that's when you shoot there horses when you play against them. It would be the only way they would learn not to be so snotty with their toys.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I didn't have any Lone Ranger toys when I was a kid, but I DID have a plastic Roy Rogers buckboard with 2 white horses!

John Sholtz said...

I loved these Lone Ranger toys and had the majority of the toys you show here. I really wish I still had them. Sooner or later I am going to work on getting these back in my collection.

Kal said...

They are all on my Grail List. They really don't make sets like this anymore. You get the figure and that's it. If he/she comes with a gun you are lucky.