Thursday, November 1, 2012

I Never Miss A Good Caroline Munro Movie

 

 
 



This shamelessly and fabulously derivative Italian space opera is both the most ridiculous and the most irresistible of all the Star Wars knock-offs of the late seventies and eighties. Caroline Munro spends much of the film in a black latex bikini as the great outlaw starship pilot Stella Star, who is arrested by space speed cops, sentenced to life in a slave planet, masterminds an escape and is pardoned by the Emperor (Christopher Plummer) in exchange for traveling to the Haunted Star to find the Phantom Planet of the rebellious Count Zarth Arn (a chubby Joe Spinell). And that’s just the first few minutes.




 

9 comments:

Budd said...

I actually watched StarCrash this weekend. She is quite captivating, but that movie was horrendous. It barely makes any sense. The Hoff was actually the best at acting in the entire movie. Well him or the guy that played "L."

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Gawd, Christopher Plummer must have fallen on hard times in those days.

DrGoat said...

Yep, that's a classic bomb, almost as bad as Laserblast. But still better than most Adam Sandler movies.

david_b said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
david_b said...

Yeah, love Plummer, but he did some pretty lame movies (this one, Dragnet, etc..).

As for the beautiful Ms. Munroe in skin-tight spandex, 'I'm soooo there' but would probably settle for looking at lobby cards and screen grabs than actually spending a few hours watchin' the movie.

Kal said...

Oh it's a craptastic classic. What makes a movie bad is that it's not entertaining. Aside from The Waterboy, Sandler has never made a movie that entertained me in the least. Star Crash is entertaining with the battle of the perms going on between the lead actors and the goofiest of goofy line deliveries. That Plummer just chewed the scenery. Every fan of movies owes it to themselves to watch this at least once. Some crazy Italian millionare wanted to make HIS Star Wars movie and damn if he didn't do just that.

Dr G, you just have a hard-on for that LASERBLAST don't you? I remember wanting to see it so bad and embarassed that I took someone with me.

david_b said...

Totally TOTALLY agreed on Sandler.

MAYBE I'll watch 'Wedding Singer' ONLY to watch some yummy Drew, but despise all Sandler films.

Period.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Believe me, I despise Adam Sandler as much as the next person, but his crazy movie "Don't Mess with the Zohan" made me pee my pants with laughter. I'm not proud of it, but I'm honest.

Kal said...

Okay...that one I forgot about. That one was funny because he was actually doing a character and not acting like a jackass. The accent was very funny.