Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Oceans - The Many Other Ways That They Can Getcha

 
"The ocean just got a little more dangerous now that meat-eating sea sponges have been discovered."
 
Are you freakin' kidding me? Just when I thought I have this whole 'assholes of the sea' problem settled, you go and find something else for me to hate and fear? I swear they keep evolving right before my eyes. Why don't they ever discovers something fluffy, that poops golden glitter?? Everything either wants to kill me right away or digest me slowly over time after pulling me down to the darkness. The Oceans suck.
 
Velcro-like barbed hooks cover the sponge's branching limbs, snaring crustaceans as they are swept into its branches by deep-sea currents.Once the harp sponge has its meal, it envelops the animal in a thin membrane, and then slowly begins to digest its prey.
 


6 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

HAHA...Assholes of the sea...I love it!

Kal said...

ONLY assholes live in the sea. The sea is asshole center.

M. D. Jackson said...

I swear there must be an interdimensional door somewhere in the depths of the oceans that allow creatures from another galaxy to just come traipsing all through our oceans.

Kal said...

Please don't put that thought into my head. I have enough to be afraid about.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Good thing you live in land-locked Alberta, Cal.

Kal said...

You don't know the half of it, baby.