Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Someone Is Cutting In On My Action!

HEY, CAN YOU MAKE ME ONE OF THOSE THINGS YOU DRINK WHENEVER YOU THINK ABOUT KEVIN AND HOW HE LEFT YOU FOR THAT STEWARDESS?

MIGHT AS WELL MAKE ONE FOR YOURSELF SINCE I JUST SAID THAT.

LONG DAY, YOU KNOW? I WAS JUST GOING TO HAVE A NICE, QUIET NAP FOR TEN OR TWELVE HOURS BUT THEN I FOUND AN OLD CRUMPLED UP RECEIPT YOU DROPPED AND I SMACKED IT AROUND FOR LIKE AN HOUR AND A HALF. WORE ME RIGHT OUT.

 
This the post I just saw on the Tumblr. Obviously someone has captioned a picture of a cat and that someone wasn't me. It appears that I am not the only one who can read into the mind of the cat. It's a good first attempt. A bit 'soccer mom' but if that's the audience you are trying to reach then good luck to you. Me, I prefer someone with a more sophisticated sense of comic irony. Someone else now knows that cats think they are people. This captioning business could get out of control...
 
 

2 comments:

Belle said...

You will always be the King of Cat Captions.

Kal said...

Thank You - To you and true afficianodoss of the art of science of captioning...but these kids today with their large caps and shouting kitties. I don't know. I remember the old days when we captioned for love - not to be hip and make all kinds of profit.