Thursday, August 22, 2013

Ben Affleck Becomes The Latest Actor to Play Batman - God Help Us All


You are all gonna be shocked with what I am about to say. I think this may not be all that terrible. I have seen what a good movie this guy can make when he is passionate about the project. He will bring his keen director's eye as well.  According to the release on Variety, this is a pretty big deal to him. I am willing to give him a pass on his participation being one of the only people who liked his turn as Daredevil. This might be epic.

 
The actor will replace Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne in the upcoming untitled Batman-Superman feature for Warner Bros., the studio announced Thursday.

 
Directed by “Man of Steel” filmmaker Zack Snyder, the Batman-Superman feature will open worldwide on July 17, 2015, with Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Diane Lane reprising their roles.


I like Cavills performance as Superman in The Man Of Steel more and more now that I have watched that one again. He is very aloof and otherworldly and people react to him as the god he is. It's a subtle thing to notice as you watch how desperately he wants to connect with humanity but can't. Lois is his first doorway into a different world. A film featuring both these loners would be chock full of superhuman ennui, which you know if the best kind.



 

8 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ben Affleck? Aichihuahua.

Kal said...

You said it my Mexican sister.

Sam G said...

Fuck. I was hoping for Josh Brolin. Guess I'll skip Man of Steel 2.

Kal said...

Yeh, Brolin would have been double epic.

profsafety said...

I would have liked Jon Hamm or Bruce Campbell.

Kal said...

Two other excellent choices. Bruce Campbell should be doing the live action Dark Knight Returns movie. He looks like old Bruce in Burn Notice.

Jordan said...

How exactly will he "bring his keen director's eye"?

Kal said...

I like his movies. I like the way they look, especially THE TOWN. I am sure he will have ideas that will make the movie better.