Friday, August 16, 2013

Hulk And The Agents Of SMASH

OMG. This is such an 'uncartoon' if I can invent that phrase. There is no reason for this cartoon to exist. The heroes are all gamma radiation based and the villain is Annihilis. WTF? He is a hard core Fantastic Four villain and you toss him at the Hulk just because you couldn't think of a creative way to bring SKARR into your cartoon.

I hate everything about this. I hate the whole 'family' spin and the surfer dude speak. I hate to say it but I can now see how cartoons can be harmful to children. If this one gets them all out wanting to SMASH things, how can I support it? This cartoon just encourages reckless and unsafe behavior. Guns and knives and knives and guns. Plus surfer speak.

It hurts just to watch.

It just makes me want to SMASH my computer screen in disappointment.

This craptoon is beneath my usual biting zinggers. I just can't work up enough enthusiasm to care.



5 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

Wow. Sounds horrible!

Kal said...

It's worse than that.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I saw the first episode and was turned off by the whole "reality show setup" with the cutaway interviews and such. It hard to believe that this was written by Paul Dini, one of the big brains behind Batman: The Animated Series and the creator of Harley Quinn.

Kal said...

Oh this was written by committee and focus groups. It's so sanitized. Except for all the gun and knife play.

Konsumterra said...

horrible - horrible - horrible