Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cool & Collected - The Magazine



Cool & Collected Magazine is a new pop culture collecting magazine that will be feature-driven, meaning it will be filled with 60+ pages of great writing, including some from me. But you don’t even have to be a collector weirdo to dig this, because there’s going to be all sorts of ephemera in here. Basically, if you’re reading this blog, you’ll like it. (Or you’re just waiting for my story about the groundhog to happen.)

The world needs this magazine, but first it needs you. Chip in fifteen bucks (or more if you want) and you’ll get the first issue. There’s going to be some good reads in here.

I would love to support my fellow collecting brothers by making a contribution but they don't ship the magazine to Canada because, of course, it would only be burned for fuel once it reached our permanently frozen border. So why bother with us up here. I haven't been able to create a very cool collection this far North because the only toys we know about are the ones that fall off Santa's sleigh on his way back to the North Pole. GAH!  I suspect the shipping costs make things prohibitive. I will just walk away now and stop shaking my head. I only get neck pain when I do that.

Sigh.

I you are interested in this project you can find their Kickstarter page HERE.

 

3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Brian and I have actually discussed my contribution in illustration form. I hope to have more word on that soon.

Kal said...

They don't want me I guess. My encyclopedic knowledge of all things action figure is useless I guess.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Maybe they'll do an exposé on Oscar Goldman and his exploding briefcase for you to consult on.