Monday, April 7, 2014

Country Music Still Gives Out Awards?


I had to miss a night of The Amazing Race and The Good Wife so that some Country Music Awards could be given out to a bunch of guys who all look the same and all sing the exact same song over and over again. It's like watching 25 Justin Biebers, in cowboy hats. Does anyone actually listen to a modern country music song? I can't name one that has pierced by bubble in years. That is how niche a musical style country and western music has become.

I think rap and boy bands all sound the same so maybe I have just lost my musical tastes with age.

 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hate New Country too, for all the reasons you list. But I love old timey country music and also Alt-Country / Roots Country -- like Dwight Yoakam, Lyle Lovatt and our own Corb Lund and the Hurtin' Albertans. Is that not THE BEST country band name EVER?

Kal said...

That is a great name. I do like a lot of classic country music. But I will never like Conway Twitty. What a goober.