Tuesday, April 1, 2014

This Pisses Me Off

It's too bad that the number of TV viewers of any one show on television are measured by such archaic means. In the new world of TODAY, I can download a show on Monday but I may not watch it until Saturday or three Saturdays from now - that is my choice and privilege to control my viewing this way. But only those people who watch the show on the night it was aired ever get counted in the ratings. I never get counted in the ratings and I watch a lot of TV - mostly good stuff that deserves more than the 1 season that most of them get.

I wish there was some way that shows like ALMOST HUMAN could get credit for each time I watch and enjoy that show, especially if it's not the night it first airs. The world has changed. Entertainment platforms have changed. There should be a mechanism by which the creators of shows that I liked could get credit for my patronage of their programming.

ALMOST HUMAN was a cool Karl Urban vehicle. Now doomed to ratings death. Maybe he can go make another Judge Dredd movie. I loved the first one a great deal.

 
Looks like INTELLIGENCE is also on the out due to its low ratings. That was another program that I was really enjoying. Megan Ory seems to be the Kiss of Death just like Summer Glau to these kind of cool genre shows.
 

 

7 comments:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Almost Human was canceled? That sucks! My youngest and I loved watching that together.

Kal said...

I haven't seen it on air for the past three weeks and that is not usually a good thing.

Fox just ruins everything good.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

I guess if you want to be a successful genre show you have to make it for HBO or AMC if you want to survive.

Abbey R said...

They need to keep track of how many times tv shows like this are purchased on itunes, dvd, or watched on netflix. This was such a great show and so many questions went unanswered. I was really hoping they wouldn't cancel it... but that's fox for you...

Kal said...

I agree. Maybe then we could get rid of some of the deadweight and shows that have outlived their time. Too many shows like that on the air.

Kal said...

I agree. Maybe then we could get rid of some of the deadweight and shows that have outlived their time. Too many shows like that on the air.

The Flying Dachshund said...

Almost Human (while probably ultimately cancelled) had it's season finale on March 3rd.. Episode: "Straw Man"... So it's not cancelled at this point per se, but off for another show to air at this time. It's how it was intended from the get-go... So hopefully we'll see season 2 of that...