Tuesday, April 22, 2014

What I'm Watching

 
Brother Tim over at HERO PRESS did a great post today that got me thinking of the TV shows that I watch. I have almost exclusively transferred my viewing habits away from commercial TV. I can download commercial free versions the same night. Why would I not choose the version that DOESN'T make me want to kill myself?
 
I hate that the Networks have NO IDEA when I watch or what I watch. I am convinced of that. There is no logic for some of the programming decisions that they make. Especially over at FOX, which can't wait to cancel a show, even one that is good like Enlisted or Almost Human.
 
My Kitchen Rules Australia - Season Five. This is the best cooking show IN THE WORLD. Home cooks put through insane cooking challenges for 45 episodes. 24 teams of two start and only one pair can be left standing at the end. Really fun and interesting with characters it's easy to love or hate.
 
MASH Seasons 1 and 2 (without laugh track)
 
The Blacklist - which is going to get dropped if it becomes any more ridiculous. To have Elizabeth live with her husband who she KNOWS is trying to kill her is just lazy writing. James Spader however is terrific. He's really grown into the role.
 
Wicked Tuna - while I wait for another season of Deadliest Catch, this fishing show will have to do. I have to admit I am a sucker for any of these fishing reality shows. What happen to Big Shrimpin' and Lobster Wars?
 
Marvel's Agent's Of Shield - It's just starting to get good as the movie TV Marvel Universe catches up to the movie Marvel Universe as events from Captain American 2 hit the TV series. I am fully invested in the story and the relationships between all the character. Marvel always did have the ability to remember the human while telling a super human story.
 
The Good Wife - who thought that the sudden death of a major character would eject so much energy into a show that was already at the top of it's game. It's never been better and that says a lot about a show in this genre where surprises in the fifth year are all but unknown. They always take chances with story and casting and that makes it so much fun to watch.
 
Amazing Race and Survivor - Two reality shows that are still interesting after all these years.
 
Hell's Kitchen - clearly the worst cooking show on Television but I just can't look away from the carnage. I swear they pick people they know are not capable so that Ramsey has someone to yell at. This is the exact opposite of My Kitchen Rules which wants to build up the cooks, not break them down.
 
Elementary - still interesting but I am starting to solve the cases before the lead characters so that is never a good sign.
 
Saturday Night Live - I have always watched. I continue to watch for any laughs.
 
The Daily Show -  Jon Stewart has his finger on the pulse of all that is hypocritical about America.
 
 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I had to swear off watching Hell's Kitchen. The contestants pissed me off too much.

Kal said...

This may be it for me too after I watched MY KICHEN RULES from Australia...best cooking show ever.

Bob/Sally said...

The Blacklist is one of those shows I didn't expect to last, so I never got into. Might be a summer marathon kind of show.

I'm still having a lot of fun with Grimm, and I've really enjoyed CSI since Ted Danson joined the cast, but I'm anxiously waiting for the new half-season of 24.

Kal said...

24 will be great. I miss that show but I am weighing weather or not to save it and binge watch it at the end or watch every week.