Wednesday, June 4, 2014

New To The Collection Of Cool

I have started spending more time on Facebook and that put me in contact with toy sellers from the States - ones that sell the treasures I am looking for at a reasonable price with acceptable shipping charges. With ten times the population of Canada, my chances to find good toys in box for a bargain just went up ten fold. I don't even have to look for stuff, often it comes to me. It's all about the networking, I guess.

When I arrived back in Canada and realized that all my childhood stuff was gone to the bottom of the North Atlantic, I was very depressed. I had lost all the great action figures I had as a kid and the very LAST series that I got were these Lone Ranger figures from Gabriel. For less than a hundred dollars I was about to add them to my collection and fill that hole in my childhood heart.


They are nearly complete with all their guns and hats and other accessories. The Ranger and Cavandish are missing their scarfs and Tonto is missing his headband but they are all in gorgeous condition especially after 40 years.


I couldn't pass on Silver and Scout especially since they come with all their tack and saddle. This was a good buy.

 
 
 
The same guy remembered that I was looking for a Jack Tenrec Cadillac from the cartoon Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and I have this baby on it's way to me as we speak.

  


6 comments:

Big Tone said...

Awesome!I dont really get into the bigger vintage figures but these guys look pretty damn cool!If you ever decide to display them on their horses could you please post pics?

Unknown said...

Fantastic Kal congrats! And that Caddy is on my list too along with a few them figures from the line. By the way have you ever played the C And D arcade game? Great fun!

Super-Duper ToyBox said...

very cool! i remember those Lone Ranger dolls from childhood- so nice

Kal said...

Cadillacs and Dinonsaurs was one of my favorite cartoons back in the day. I have been searching for the car forever. Look at how colorful that box is,

Hobgoblin238 said...

I got one too but have not posted yet. I am having my sewing gal take care of a naked one for me.

Kal said...

Could she sew a Calvin like on the Header" Find a doll to make look like me. What would that go for, in US greenbacks? This gringo would pay to have a replica of myself. About 12 inches I think.