Thursday, October 16, 2014

Thunderbirds Are Go!

I loved this program as a kid. Having one of the die-caste metal ships that contained smaller ships was a point of pride amongst my peer group. Thunderbirds worked regardless of the language it was translated into on television. Watching those puppets and all the tiny miniatures was heaven for a kid like me who totally is hypnotized by all the cool details. I feel the same way about Claymation. There is something magical for me about those techniques which are as old as cinema itself.

 
I am a little pissed that there is no video to accompany this news. Someone at ITV screwed the pooch and should be exiled from the island. So instead, enjoy the original Thunderbirds opening.
 
ITV’s remake of classic TV show Thunderbirds received its first public screening today at the MIPJunior television industry conference in Cannes.
 
Thunderbirds Are Go! blends modern computer-generated animation technology with traditional live-action models, with Rosamund Pike providing the voice of Lady Penelope.
 
 
 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Gawd help me, I loved this show when I was a kid.

Kal said...

It's like someone's toy box came to life.

DrGoat said...

Me too. Was really into Fireball XL5 too.

Kal said...

Another great show. Then there was Super Car and that one in the water.