Monday, January 26, 2015

I Wonder How Long I Can Resist Posting And Would Anyone Notice?

I mean I will still write and produce the posts. I just won't post them on my blog. I will just see how many I can build up before I am compelled to hit the PUBLISH button. I could fold in one day or let it get to 100 posts deep. My viewers are loyal and legend but I see my visits dropping daily while my stuff remains better than ever. I used to have 1200 plus visits a day. These days I am lucky to get 600 visits. I have a ton of great content to offer. How can you not love my archives? I know I do. It's my favorite place to just hang out.

I loved that anyone comments, especially the long time contributors.

I am also a little freaked out by FACEBOOK. I get a few likes for my captions. Mostly pity LIKES. Then I post a picture of a cherry pie I made and BOOM 26 likes and many fun comments. Am I out of touch or are you all jaded and fickle? It's can't be my content or my captions. Everyone LOVES my captions. If it was a skill valued in our society then I would be our King.

I am just bitter and jaded lately. All these temperatures in the teens are killing me. Warm in January while the other half of the continent get's a HUGE snowstorm to shut everything down and make things all clean and white? I am so jealous of others in the east being snowed in. Of course EVERYDAY for me is like being snowed in but you get my point.

I do laugh at how serious everyone is being on the news, forever. Like they never seen snow in their life. It's FROZEN WATER, not nuclear fallout. The whole world doesn't need to shut down just because it's a little snowy. Buck up little campers. Put your socks on your hands and stay brave. Take the chance to reconnect with your loved ones and I hope to see you all soon.

 

23 comments:

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Yeah my hits are down as well. It seems to be pretty common. But I am keep doing what I do.

I was wondering just last night if when using the old Google reader if a view on that counted as a hit. I tend to read all my blogs in an RSS reader. I was using Reader now I am using Feedly.

Anonymous said...

We would totally notice.

Sam G said...

Cal, don't....I need my Cave of Cool crack. I'm allergic to FaceBook.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

People are shallow little fucks. I know I certainly am. That's why the cherry pie photo is such a big hit. Takes no brain power to comprehend it and relate to it.

Unknown said...

Get off the ledge and climb back in the window Cal! I've been struggling with the Facebook effect as well, but will fight it as long as I am able.

FYI- Here in VA, we received a half inch of snow last night and the kids are home from school, government has liberal leave policies in effect, etc. But if you saw how people drive around here in the snow, or rain for that matter, you wouldn't want to be out on the roads either!

Tim Knight said...

Why worry so much about hits?

As Tim suggested up at the top, pages through RSS feeders don't register as hits anyway, and I'm sure there are a million other ways to read blog pages - that a Luddite like me can't grok - that don't register either.

You just need to look at the number of comments you get to see that people enjoy your blog.

The amount you post on an average day puts the rest of us lazy sods to shame, it's no wonder that we can't keep up and comment on everything you post ;)

As to the Facebook factor, I know how you feel, but that's just the way of the world at the moment. Most people like their nuggets delivered quickly and conveniently and Facebook does that. It might not get the attention you want, but at least that's attention of a kind.

You've created a solid, reliable blog here with a large - if largely silent - audience. If you want a measure of your success just think about the number of other blogs that namecheck you.

Everyone loves the Cave Of Cool, they just don't always say so.

j-swin said...

don't hold out on me man! in need my multiple daily cave fix. :(

Dr. Theda said...

Of Course you would be missed...!!!
we are you followers.... and really enjoy the Many things that you post, my Friend.... we normally drop by your great "Cave" at least a couple of times each day ... views at the "Crypt" are way down as well...
but you post such wonderful things... Would Teddy Roosevelt just "Give up"....???

DrGoat said...

Stay the course Cal. What Tim said.

david_b said...

Sir, consider this a pat on your shiny little head.

Stay the Course.

Consider getting laid someday soon.

All is well.

csmith2884 said...

I know I am jaded and fickle. For me I often see you on Facebook and here, sometimes the same stuff, so maybe I don't hit the blog page as often as I used to. Also in my opinion, captions and such are cool but I often don't hit like or comment. The more personal stuff like pie making or observations out the tunnel entrance of your igloo those I feel more connected to and thus hit like or comment more.
I like your facebook, your blog and your tumbler. I don't much care where you put out your stuff, just keep doing it. It brightens my day.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Thanks for taking the time to tell me that everyone. Sometimes I need a little pep talk.

Unknown said...

Kal you have to take in consideration that lots of folks are moving away from blogging and moving into Instagram and other media now so everyone is seeing blog drop off...i just do pay attention to blog views and such and just focus on putting up content for those i know are still reading and enjoying and if new folks show then the more the merrier my friend. : )

spider-kev said...

Hey,Cal, I appreciate the stuff you post.Keep up the good words.

Dr. Theda said...

was unfamiliar with the "trend" (that Mr. Gaither spoke of.... that could also account for the drastic drop in many Bloggor's number of views...
Please keep posting my Friend.... often some of your post are the only "smile" we can find for our day...

Barbecue17 said...

Kal? Kal? Where are you?

It's so cold and lonely out here. We need you! We need more cat captions, pics of cool toys, cosplayers, and just general awesomeness!

There must always be a Cave of Cool. You said! You said!

Timothy S. Brannan said...

Yeah. Not seeing any Cal posts today made my day a little darker.

Unknown said...

It sure doesn't feel right without you.

Anonymous said...

Morning without Cal like morning without coffee.

Wings1295 said...

So, does this count as a Canadian Cal figure? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-BkNUiylAd7A/VMg8CyJTNvI/AAAAAAACCR8/92xPAaKaYx0/s320/3.jpg

Rob R said...

How 'bout we make a deal...? You post for me & I'll post for you! ;) Looking forward to your next posts (as always).

Dr. Theda said...

Hope that you are well , my Friend.... you are missed...

Rod Barnett said...

It the new normal I think. My hits have dropped off a cliff and they never got above 1400 to 1500 a week. Now they are down to about 300 or 350 a week. I think I'm producing quality but maybe I'm wrong.