Monday, January 5, 2015

Mighty Men And Monster Maker

 
 
 
 
Some toys have incredible play value and none more so than Mighty Men And Monster Maker. For a kid that had no artistic ability but dreamed to create comics daily, this set was a gift from the Gods.


There were dozens of combinations of panels available to create dozens of different characters. The set even came with pencil crayons. In the box this is stored in I am sure there are still examples of my men and monsters collection. I would try to copy the inking and coloring styles of comic artists I admired. It would be interesting if they are still as genius as I remember them to be.



 
I love finding examples of artists who take these raw materials and go that next level to round out a character that could happily take it's place with any of the big heroes and villains out there.






 

10 comments:

j-swin said...

i never had one, but i got to play with my cousin's barbie themed set...that's close, right? right?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh sure it is. If that dress maker allowed you to add a cape to your cocktail dresses.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh sure it is. If that dress maker allowed you to add a cape to your cocktail dresses.

j-swin said...

No sir, it didn't...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Then FOR SHAME!!

j-swin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
j-swin said...

:(

Sam G said...

Whoa...I was just thinking of this.

Mike D. said...

i always wanted this...to help me learn to improve my art

Barbecue17 said...

I had one of these! I think it came from a yard sale! These were incredibly cool. I played with it quite a bit if I remember correctly.