Saturday, January 30, 2016

If You Remember This Great Pizza Making Kit As A Kid...

 
I remember being six years old and helping my Father makes Pizza on Saturday night. This was in the days when you made your own or ordered in and Chef Boy-Ar-Dee was the best homemade pizza kit in the business. The sauce and cheese was perfect as was the dough which I became an expert at making from hand before I was into the second grade. The instructions were so easy to follow on the box. Today my homemade pies are legend. My dream is to have my own outdoor stone pizza oven.
 
 
We would always add our own toppings and for years my Father's pizza was the taste standard. I was trapped in the far North during a snowstorm with only this pizza kit and I made the best vegetarian pizza of my life. I wish I had children myself to teach these valuable life skills too. Every kid should know how to make Pizza from scratch. Many times I made this for me and my sister when we were left to fend for ourselves while our parent's worked. We once tried to add and egg but that didn't turn out so great. It just turned black and had to be out of the pie.
 
 

3 comments:

j-swin said...

I remember mom getting Robin Hood brand dough and ragu pizza sauce for our Saturday night pizza parties. We do the same with our boy and you're right, it is something they need to learn. Little trick I use is a couple tablespoons of self rising flour to get the edges nice and thick.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I wish they still made the Chef Boyardee kit. It was much better than the Kraft kit.

DrGoat said...

Lived on those for a while in L.A.